Mongolia Sunrise to Sunset
Annual charity run held since 1999
Mongolia Sunrise to Sunset is an annual charity run has been taking place since 1999. This year’s race week is from August 5-12, with the main race day on August 9th. Get ready for a beautiful and isolated event that has been included in the top 100 best races in the world by Runner’s World UK and is regularly featured among the world’s most beautiful races!
One of the World's Best Races
Check out these articles on Ahotu Marathons, the American Trail Running Association ATRA, Trail Runner Magazine and Runner’s World Deutschland.
- In 2022, MS2S was featured as one of the top 5 ultra-marathons to try by South China Morning Post.
- In 2022, MS2S was included in the 100 best races in the world by Runner’s World UK, who called it the “most beautiful and isolated event in the world.”
- MS2S was featured in the 2021 book “On the Run – Running Across the Globe”.
- Location: Hovsgol National Park, Mongolia
- Distances: 42 km and 100 Km
- Maximum time allowed: 18 hours
- Elevation at race start: 1645 m
- Gain/Loss: 42 Km – 2255 m / 100 Km – 3365 m
Mongolia Sunrise to Sunset trailer video 2022 by Munkhdul Sergelen
Mongolia Sunrise to Sunset 2019 video by Braulio Romero
Mongolia Sunrise to Sunset 2018 video by Munkhdul Sergelen
Mongolia Sunrise to Sunset 2018 – the 20 year anniversary.
Join Our Community:
- Consider making a donation to preserve the unique nomadic culture and pristine nature of Northern Mongolia.
- Connect with past runners and stay updated by joining our Facebook group, following our Facebook page, and following our Instagram and Twitter accounts.
Mongolia Sunrise to Sunset is Non-Profit:
- The race is managed by Ecodevshilt, our NGO in Mongolia, and ecoLeap Foundation, our NGO in Switzerland
- Chairman of ecoLeap foundation: Nicolas Musy
- Copyright 2013 by ecoLeap foundation, Switzerland.
- For any inquiries, contact ecoLeap foundation c/o Lenz & Staehelin Avocats, Route de Chene 30, 1208 Geneva, Switzerland.
- ecoLeap foundation endeavors to regularly verify and update all information on its website but cannot be held responsible for inaccuracies.
- Registered in the Commercial Register of Canton of Geneva under the identification number CH-660-1328009-
Partnerships and Accreditations:
- Mongolia Sunrise to Sunset is a proud partner of the Asia Trail Master.
- Completing the MS2S 100km race qualifies for 4 points in the new scale for the Ultra-Trail du Mont-Blanc®!
- MS2S is also a proud member of ITRA.